Sunday, January 20, 2008

Unofficially, Official!



The ring I picked out: (little did i know that this would change)

Yes! You read correctly. It is unofficially, official! October 11th 2008 is the big day. Here is a snippet of the big plans.

Wedding Colors: (main)Bronzy Red, Chocolate Brown, (accent)Orange, Yellow (Fall Colors)

Theme: Paris, France of Course

Registering at: Target, Bed Bath & Beyond (also changed, never registered. instead we just created a wedding website)

Wedding Ceremony (also changed to the joseph smith building): Salt Lake Temple I LOVE the architecture of this temple!!! It's so pretty. *We're hoping for an AM wedding, but can't schedule anything yet. Jeremy's been married in the temple before and his ex-wife is getting remarried in the temple. We don't know when though... So, we'll see how all of the paperwork 'works out'.

Reception: No Reception, just one big engagement party- TBA
**Dinner with family and a few of our friends**
(change again... ended up having an open house reception at jeremy's brothers)

Dinner will be held at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building in the Empire Room.
*Right now, this room IS available, and I need to put a deposit on it quick because it's the first room to get booked. This room is beautiful, stunning! It goes along with my France theme. It looks similar to the Palace of Versaille. Gorgeous chandeliers, dark wood, high ceilings, large paintings, ornate detail everywhere. But, I'm hesitant to do so in case something changes. I need to find out what their 'change' policy is.

Hopefully this loads. It is a large file. Here is the video clip of the Joseph Smith Memorial Building.


Our Wedding Cake: It's funny because right when I saw this cake I thought, "Yes, this is the one!" and it's funny because the name of it is, "Antoinette". Very fitting for our theme. (Marie Antoinette, Queen of France) Our cake will not have as many tiers because we won't be feeding as many people as what this particular cake serves.


Our honeymoon to Tahiti: As many of you may know, Jeremy served his mission in Tahiti. He speaks French, Tahitian and some Spanish. He hasn't been back since his mission, so it will be a fun reunion to see all of the families that meant so much to him. He will be proud to bring his Tahitian wife back with him. :) AND, crazy as this is, he knows my mom's birth mother, Hilda Wong, now Hilda Maratarangi. How crazy is that??


Jeremy is going to create a website for us. It will have all of our updates on it for the wedding. We're hoping to get the domain/URL www.jerandter.com Cute, huh? :) I will send it out when it's created.

1 comment:

Tammy said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!! I am SOOOO excited for you! Do I know before Janie! i am so excited. I won't tell her. I will just make sure she calls you if she doesn't know. It all SOUNDS SOOO Perfect. Tahiti, paris, marie antoinette, I love it! I am so Excited for you. I better get an invite with more pics!