Saturday, September 20, 2008

Daddy, Daughter Date Night

Last night I went on a date with my UT dad. He has been planning it for over a month and asked me well in advance so that I could clear my night. We went and saw George Winston, a world reknown pianist. This will be the second time we've gone to see him in concert. The first time was a few years ago up at Utah State. This time George came and played right in Provo. My friend Evelyn absolutely loves George and has always wanted to see him in person. I felt even more cool that she loved him so much and that I got to go see his concert. On top of that, my dad is actually friends with him. So, every time he comes into town he reserves tickets for us to come and see him.

George Winston is definitely unique. He has his own style of music. The thing I think is fascinating about him is that he will sometimes change the sound of the piano tune by loosening the chords in the piano and plays them like a guitar while playing the other keys like normal. Or he'll play the keys with the loosened chords... I dont know if I explained that well, but its definitley interesting. He is very talented. I need to find the pic of George, me and my dad from a few years ago so I can post it with our most recent pic from last night.

If you ever get a chance to see George Winston, you should do it. He is one of the only people I know that has his year booked so far in advance, it's crazy. He travels all over doing concerts.

(pic from last night) notice that the posters for the concert sponsors are more of a focal point than the piano and star piano player. please dont notice me as much. ha ha

No comments: