Sunday, January 18, 2009

Teagan Updates

Well, this weekend Teagan turned 4 weeks old. I can't believe already a month has gone by. He has changed and grown so much already. I used to say that I wanted him to stay teeny and little forever, but after so many sleepless nights, I think I'm looking forward to the next stage (even though I am still cherishing every moment right now). Jeremy had 2 weeks off for Paternity leave and then he took some of his vacation time to spend with us also. He just barely went back to work at the end of this week. I feel like it is yet another transition with him gone because now I have to do everything by myself. I have to say that I really admire the single parents out there. It is hard work! No one can prepare you for what you're in for. You will never understand it until then. It's easy to say what you will and won't do before they come into the world, but you soon find out that you melt when they are really here and change the rules as you go. So far it has been such an amazing experience and I wouldn't change it for anything. It has definitely changed my world forever and ever. I hope it works out for me to stay at home as long as I can. I think I might cry if someone else had to take care of him in the day. I miss him after 10 minutes of being away. I gave Jeremy such a hard time for being the 'softy' and it turns out that the opposite is true. I think I'm creating a little mama's boy. :) I want nothing more than to do anything for that little boy. The things that were important to us before has drastically changed now. Our priorities are now this little boy that we love and feed and hold everyday.

I think I'm getting off the subject here (ha ha), not surprising. So, Teagan is 4 weeks and is getting some rolls on his face, legs and arms. He is finally starting to fit into all of his clothes now too. I apparently didn't know there was a difference between newborn clothes and 0-3 month clothes, so he's been wearing really big outfits. Oh well, it was for a short while at least.

Teag is almost able to push himself over completely with his leg and was able to do that at only 12 days old. He is so strong! He has also become very attentive to my voice and I have to admit that I love that he knows me and wants ME to comfort him over others. Although its been such a short timer, being a Mom is the best thing I could've done.

1 comment:

janie said...

You are so cute! I love to here you write about being a mommy!!