Monday, October 29, 2007

Ouch!

So, I thought I'd have fallen to sleep by now, but as you can see, I have not. So, I thought I'd tell you a funny story that happened to me tonight. Well, I'm not sure if it was funny, but maybe after the "burn" goes away, it will be.

I went to go pick Franklin up from my mom's before I went to ward prayer tonight. Frank was of course very excited to see me when I walked through the door, like always. And, like always, Franklin was all crazy wanting to jump and lick my face. So, I sat down on the couch and got close to him to give him a hug and the wire on his dog tag hooked in my nostril. When I realized that it was about to pierce a hole in my nose, I tried to calm Franklin down by holding him, but instead it had the opposite effect and he jerked away. OUCH!!! It actually punctured a small hole in my nose and then tore it. Yep, you read that correctly. It TORE IT! The hook leached on in the inside of my nostril, poked through and then ripped out. Luckily it was not a big span of tearing, but man did it hurt! I wanted to beat him like I've never wanted to beat him before. :) ...but of course I didn't. I actually ran into the bathroom to find that it was bleeding. My mom was quick to pull out the handy dandy emergency kit (3 of them. yes, 3 kits. lol) and threw things out of them for me to fix my torn and bleeding nose. It really isn't too noticeable. But, I bet people will probably look at it thinking that I have a crusty, bloody ring on my nose which is NOT attractive. What can I do though, right? People at ward prayer got a laugh out of it and as long as someone else's day was better because of my ripped nose, then at least I've added goodness to someone's life through the pain. :)

PS. Remind me not to breath in when it's cold out. In through the mouth, out through the nose. Ahhhhhhh...

No comments: