Wednesday, July 09, 2008

4th of July Weekend with a HERNIA!


What is a hernia?
A hernia occurs when a section of intestine protrudes through a weakness in the abdominal muscles. A soft bulge is seen underneath the skin where the hernia has occurred.


Yep, you read that right... H-e-r-n-i-a. :( Hernia's are "no bueno". I keep thinking that I can treat my body the same way before I was pregnant and keep finding out that it doesn't work that way. Apparently when work asked me to come in and help out with inventory in the warehouse at 7 am last Thursday, it wasn't the smartest idea for me to go and try to move and lift boxes around. At first I thought it was a muscle strain and that it would go away, but it just kept getting worse through out the day until I could barely walk. I talked to a nurse, and she told me it was a muscle strain and to take it easy. She asked if I could feel a hard knot in my stomach which I couldn't. So, she said it wasn't a hernia. Well, I just wasn't looking in the right place because a few hours later I found the little bugger and found that I could push it in, which alleviated some of the pain. Gross, right? I couldn't do anything all weekend. We had a long holiday weekend and I just sat on my butt... literally. I even watched all of the Harry Potter movies, all 5 of them. Jeremy and I also caught up on the HGTV Next Design Star and Food Networks Next Star. Jeremy did EVERYTHING for me this weekend. He rubbed my back, made breakfast/lunch/dinner, and was by my side every second. I was soooo bummed cause the 4th is one of my favorite holidays next to Christmas. I didn't even feel up to watching fireworks that night. We just kept on with the t.v. and movie schedule.







On Saturday night I thought I felt good enough to drag Jeremy to my mom's neighbors who were doing a neighborhood fireworks party. We didn't last very long before I was ready to go and lay down again. :( Sheesh! I think Jeremy is really getting in to the Design Star though, so I KNOW he couldn't wait to get home to see if it was on. :)

I made it through a couple hours of church on Sunday and back at work on Monday. :( I'm feeling a little better. I think it was good that I took it easy for the weekend.

No comments: