Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Third Trimester is here!

Yep, you read right... I'm already in the 3rd trimester. It is nutso! It's going by so fast. The pinched siatic nerve, the swelling in my feet/face/legs, the enlarged "novelties" on my upper body (and still growing), being hot all the time and freezing Jeremy out like we live in the Arctic, increased emotions (crying), sleepless/uncomfortable nights, heartburn, grumpy as you can get when you're hungry, you name it... I have it. We are full blown into pregnancy and moving right along. I was soooooo scared of giving birth and going through labor, but I can already see how you will take one crappy day of pain to subside all of the symptoms of pregnancy. I pretty much want to punch all the women that say, "I just LOVE being pregnant!" Are they delusional? Or have they already forgotten what it's like? Because I can't believe that people do this more than once. My conclusion is... they have most definitely forgotten. I try to do self-therapy by talking my self through things and I am unable to tell myself that I just need to get through it this ONE time, because I'm pretty sure I'm going to sign up for all of this again.

Also, let me add a tip on here for those of you trying to get pregnant for the first time or looking forward to it one day: Don't watch TLC's "A Baby Story" while pregnant. Especially not in your first 2 semesters. Wait until you are uncomfortable enough to look forward to birth. Otherwise, it just freaks you out.

I'm soooooooooo glad that one of my best friends, Jenya, is also prego with me. She is due about 5 weeks before me, so we've been able to go through the whole thing together. We couldn't have planned it better if we'd have tried. It has been really fun having her to talk to and complain/compare/talk to. It has been one of those small little blessings along the way.

On the other hand, there is a good side of things too. I'm still amazed and can't seem to get over the fact that there is a brand NEW person in my belly that no one knows what he looks like or acts like and was never here before. Every time we get something for the baby it is a reality check of what is happening. We are going to start our very own family and be attached to this little guy FOREVER! I just can't believe it. It's never hit me like this when watching someone else go through this.

I've never been the babysitter type growing up and haven't ever been that 'into' all my friends pregnancy's. I haven't had anyone in my family close by having babies... so, it's just never been something I've ever had to learn about or be around. So, thank you to all my friends and family for being so concerned and putting aside my previous ignorance into this new level of life. I finally GET IT! :)

Also, I feel soooooooo grateful for the opportunity that I have to conceive 'life'! Although I complain about it, it is one of the coolest things I've ever experienced and would never take it back for anything. I love that I can feel our little baby every day in my tummy moving around and kicking. And I wish I had a camera out for the look on Jeremy's face when he first felt our baby move. It made his whole day. He still gets that look every time he feels him kick. It is one of those little pictures I will have in my memories forever.

...so, continuing on the countdown. :)

No comments: