Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Dr. Appt Update: Week 37

Ok, ok... so I will start addressing my "weeks along" in the same terms my Dr addresses it. I'm officially 37 weeks (done) and have 2 weeks from due date as of this coming Friday. They also scheduled my induction date for January 9th if I don't come by then. If I seriously have to wait that long, I might jump off a bridge. There is no possible way that I can handle it that much longer.

Unlike last weeks appointment, this appointment was "graciously" and gratefully un-eventful. I'm now dilated to a 1 1/2 and still effaced to 50%. The only new knowledge I have is that I am in fact retaining water in my stomach now. What the? My stomach started lopping down farther on one side and started to get hard and numb. I asked the doctor to check it out and see if I should be concerned and he said, "Nope. Your edema has just spread into your stomach now. It's OK. It will go away." (sigh) "Ok doc." I can actually do the indent thing on my stomach like I can on my feet in previous pictures posted.

All I can say is thank you for all my friends and family that pray for me. I really think that is the only reason I don't have toxemia. I can't think of any other explanation.

At any rate, I've been having a lot of contractions and am hoping the baby comes this weekend. That is my goal. Ha ha... The baby needs to get on my time.

No comments: