Thursday, May 28, 2009

Congrats Joey & Nadia

Jeremy's best friend got married this last Friday in the Mt. Timpanogas Temple. I consider Joey to be my brother-in-law because they are so close... and because Joey pops in all the time (not always the most convenient times...lol) just like part of the fam. We love him and are so happy for him and Nadia. As Joey's brother says, "There is a special place in heaven for Nadia" and we believe it! :) If you knew Joey, that would be a lot funnier. ha ha

This was the first temple sealing I'd been too and was honored to be a part of such a great event in their lives. It made me so excited to get sealed NEXT WEEK! It was such a personal and special day and we were so happy to be included.

Their reception was BEAUTIFUL! There was dancing, music, toasting and more. And since Nadia is from Russia, her parents flew out from Russia for their first time ever to the US. They came in town a few weeks ago and had the opportunity to travel around the western US with Joey and Nadia. We had them over a few Sundays ago and I so badly wanted to talk to them, but they don't speak one word of English. They are the CUTEST little parents I have ever seen. They had such a great spirit about them and I was very drawn to them. Nadia had to translate everything for us. Also, Nadia is a convert, so I kept wondering what they were thinking about all of this temple stuff... especially since they weren't able to understand anything that was said. Bless their little hearts. :)

Anyway, back to the reception... they did some Russian traditions that were new to me and I enjoyed the cultural enlightenment. We hope to travel over to Russia with them one of these days and let Nadia show us the ropes.

Jeremy, "the best man" and Joey
Here are Nadia's cute parents dancing.
Joey and Nadia lighting the 3 candles... Russian tradition.
Nadia's bridesmaids. They were friends from Russia who were able to come.


No comments: